Monday, January 4, 2010

Invisible Journey..

an old untold story in Jan 2010..

The time moved one step ahead, stepped into 2010, 2009 - Thanks for being with us for all the TIME..

Um... New year is a Passport for new ideas, new resolutions, new activities, new decisions, new thoughts, new actions and many more. My new year day Dec31st night was good, we all went to friends house for a dinner, lot of fun, but Geneva as a city was very dull, streets were empty, no sound, absolute silent, tramps & buses were not at all crowded (may be Pubs must be busy ;)).

I called all possible lines to INDIA at 7:30 CET to wish new year. Chennai - no way, I tried minimum of 20 times not even once the line connected.

The 2nd day in new year, the 1st trip of 2010. Milan, Italy - it will be my 2nd time visit to Milan. I planned a lot, checked the train timings, places to visit, food, museums,noted many things and slept little early. So the day started at 4:30 AM. Our plan is to catch the train at 5:56 Train to Brig, from Bring Euro City train will take us to Milan by 10:30 AM.

Journey started, we discussed a lot, lot of fun, jokes, the last day of 2009's party videos - There comes the Storm - The topic of PASSPORT.

Every body asked every other to check their passports, as we were crossing the border of international territory. I never ever thought about the passport last night - which i normally carry every trip. Here goes my mistake (my assumption) - I thought Italy and Swiss both are schengen countries, and so, no passport was required, it can be a excuse.

I continued my journey, with fear now, we reached BRIG, after 15 minutes boarded the 7th Wagon of Euro City Express. When we are about to take our seats, Conductor (i thought) came and asked for Passport, I gave him tickets, he said (shouted) I am not conductor I am police..! Opened my Wallet took out my L-Card (issued by Swiss), handed it to him. He said - "You are not Authorized, go back, or Italian police will catch you" ... train was fast enough, By the time this happens we were already in Italy..

For a moment, all others were shocked & surprised, I agreed my mistake, I decided to go back once I get down in Milan. BUT, it makes no difference, If i return immediately or wait (or walk around) in the city and return in evening 7 pm.

Just keeping my nerves cool, I stepped down train Milan - mind was not free, unable to re-collect what exactly i planned...!! Some how we visited few places but unable to see the The Last supper painting.

In return, we were checking for Police (not conductor), if comes, I can rush into wash room..! (Telugu movie trick)...Do you know .. finally after Lussane it worked out.. police arrived and i calmly walked into the wash room.

So - Plan BIG, Thing BIG, Act BIG, do not forget the small things. Lot of small things put together and makes a Thing, BIG.

And today back to work, first day at work in new year. BTW, today I received new L-Card, which will allow me to live here in Swiss for one more year :))

Till next time,
- Vamsi

No comments:

Reflection # 1 - Sep 26th

Everything work when reset . This certainly applies to human & human relations as well. Managing Kids & their schedules, Managing f...